Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Produce Co-op

 I started my own produce co-op!! I got GREAT information on how to do this here. It looked like a great thing to do, so you know me, I did it! I asked some cousins and neighborhood friends and gathered 14 of us together. I made the order on Tuesday morning through a local whole sale produce company. They delivered all the produce this morning, right to our door! I purchased small laundry baskets from the Dollar Store and started loading up the baskets.
 I had help from the boys and Scott, THANKS guys! In every basket there were an even amount of produce. All the extras went into an "extras" box for later choosing.
 Look how beautiful these produces are! WOWZA!!
 In each basket everyone received 1 clove of garlic, 1 head of lettuce, 1 cauliflower, 2 broccoli's, 7 bananas, 1 1lb bag of baby carrots, 4 oranges, 8 apples, 11 plums, 15 apricots, and a 5lb bag of potatoes. Also, each gal chose 4 items from the "extra" box. Each person paid $16.50 and we will make an order every two weeks!
Our co-op group is called Rosecrest Co-op! I am thrilled I started one in my area! I already have 4 more ladies who want in!

1 Comment:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

okay, lady...i'm gonna have to look into this and see if it's even possible out here! we can't get fresh, cheap groceries from anywhere but kroger!!! i'd love to do this to help out all the gals in the ward at least! thanks for the info!