Monday, June 20, 2011

Updates on the garden!

 My garden is coming right along nicely and I couldn't be more happy about it! We've had a ton of rain. The boys enjoy helping out in the garden too. I've had to replant the watermelon 3 times...something keeps eating that plant! UGH! Other than that...it's beautiful!





There is corn, watermelon, pumpkins, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, large tomatoes, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke, carrots, cabbage and a herb garden! I have a ton of room in my backyard! I love it!

3 Comments:

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Awesome garden.....and the chickens.....how fun!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

hey there, let me know how your artichoke plants grow! i'm a huge fan but i'm testing that ground out here, not many artichoke growers. let me know all your tricks and what you'd do different and ill brave it next year!

NIKOL said...

Fun! I love gardening. What herbs did you plant? Beware of oregano. That still will take over! Mine has gone nuts - almost tripling in size! My thyme has also gone crazy. Last year I planted basil and it only did so-so because it was in a slightly shady spot. This year I moved it to a sunny location and I have so much basil I think I could have pesto for dinner every day!