Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter 2013


On Easter morning, we ate Ebelskivers with homemade strawberry syrup and looked for our hidden baskets. The little kids took about 10 minutes to find theirs. The middle kids took a little longer, with a few hints and poor Will took over an hour! We, I mean, the Easter Bunny sure hid them well this year!!

That is one of our family traditions, is to have the Easter Bunny hide the actual basket for the kids to find.




I took Will's and Jackson's out of their baskets and put all their treats in a bag. It was much easier to hide that way! Jackson's basket was inside the piano.

The baskets were filled with candy, money and more candy!

Church starts at 1pm, so before we left, I made a batch of delicious Easter sugar cookies. The kids loved helping me cut them out and decorate them. Oh yeah, and eat them!
Scott had to leave shortly after to got to work but the boys and I were joined for dinner by the Boyce cousins. It was a real treat to have them spend the evening with us.


The meal was slightly different than I normally make. I wanted to try a bunch of new recipes this year. Thanks Pinterest!
I made crock pot ham with pineapple and brown sugar, twice baked potatoes, pastel colored deviled eggs (I placed the white part of the egg [after it was hard boiled and de-shelled] in a cup with food coloring. They turned out great! Pink, yellow, green and blue eggs!), Bunny rolls (they really looked like rats, but they tasted delicious!), Asian pasta salad with spinach, jello salad and our new favorite drink, limeade with Canada Dry.
 After we ate dinner, we hid a bunch of eggs all over the yard for the boys to find. I was telling Brynnlee, Kelsey and Aleigh that I use to come to Easter dinner when they were my kids age. Now, they're coming to my house. So cool.

I had a wonderful Easter filled with family, food, fun and of course the spirit.


4 Comments:

Zak and Brynnlee said...

This was soo much fun! Thanks for having us over! The food was DELISH as well :)

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

How cool is that? That they're old enough to be coming to your Easter! All of those things that you said...I Pinned too!!! :) My family mocks me now because whenever I make something new in the week they all go "we know...you saw it on Pinterest"!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

OH!...and we want to know where you hid Will's that it took him an hour!

Lori Thompson said...

Will's was hidden in the laundry room behind the huge costco bottle of bleach! He looked in that cupboard several times, but not behind! And remember we put his loot in a bag which made it a lot easier to hide but harder to find!!