Wednesday, September 22, 2010

GLEE

I have mixed feelings about Glee's season premier. Scott and I were so, so excited about it but then felt a little let down during and after. There were moments I laughed and thought were cute. I liked Finn's Cheerios audition. His dance moves are a lot better when he's singing... I loved Brittany: "People thought I went on vacation, but actually I spent the summer lost in the sewers." And Sue Sylvester always has quick little sarcastic comments and comebacks. She is a hoot!

This episode also introduced a new character, Coach Beiste, who took over for Ken Tenaka after his nervous breakdown. Honestly I thought the actor was male with fake boobies and lipstick on. It was very interesting.
I had to look this actor up on the internet to make sure.

I thought Sue and Schue's hazing of Coach Beiste was a little overboard. I know that's pretty much Sue's MO, but...really? You're going to make Poo Cookies for the new teacher? Disgusting. Both literally and figuratively.

The music choices were pretty good. I loved the ending song and it has been stuck in my head fever since that night... "What I Did for Love". I liked Cherise (Sunshine) and wish she would be a new addition to the cast. She defiantly has some pipes! That girl can really sing. I liked seeing Quinn strut her stuff in her Cheerios uniform.

And finally, I have to say that RACHEL DRIVES ME CRAZY. I hate how she kept flipping her hair as she sang. I also hate how she's desperate for the spotlight to the exclusion of almost everything else. And she's so, so very skinny this season.

I am so excited for next week's Britney Spears episode. I don't usually watch previews, but these were exciting and was the best part of the show! Hey what happened to Emma? I missed her!

Thoughts??

**Got this great info from my friend, Nikol ***

1 Comment:

Heather said...

I was concerned that Glee was a one season show for us. It was such a great one season show. Could the story line really pull me in for another year commitment? Honestly, I'm not sure. I am really over auto-tune. I also thought the new coach was a horrible, cruel story line. We'll give it another week probably. I did *love* Raising Hope though.