Friday, January 4, 2013

Goals

I have set New Years resolutions in the past, and have been pretty successful at it. A few years ago I started doing mini goals, and I've done well with them. Last year, I chose another avenue to follow and it went well, just not as fun nor successful as the mini goals.

Here is what I do:
I make mini goals in different aspects of my life; spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. Then I make mini goals for each of those. Some goals can be done in a day others in a month. Just depends on what I am wanting to accomplish. 

I am getting a slight late start on these, but it's been vacation and I've been busy playing with boys! 

My new addition this year is this:

I found this fun idea here. 

I write down my mini goals on cute sticky paper so they are easy to take off or move around. I plan on making a mini monthly, weekly and daily goals. Depending on what they are.

Here are some ideas of what I am planning on working on and will add to my Goal List board. I'll tell you a few, others are more personal.

Spiritually: I would like to read the Relief Society lesson BEFORE Sunday. Hold family prayer more regularly. Have personal prayer more than once a day. (and I'm not talking about the several prayers I make in my head throughout the day, but actually getting on my knees!) 

Mentally: Continue on reading. My goal is to read two books a month. I am also (finally) writing my novel. I hope to have that written by the end of the year. I also want to craft and sew more. Learn new tricks and complete a project every other month.

Emotionally: To plan and make more time for ME, as in alone time. Just taking 5-10 minutes alone in silence to meditate and breath would be wonderful. I am also wanting to not yell at the boys as often, which will in turn not get me so riled up at them. 

Physically: I want to participate in a few races. I've already signed up for a 5k with some girlfriends in Arizona, but I want to run another triathlon. My new passion is skiing, I just love it. I want to ski at least once a week until the season ends. I also want to start subbing and teaching more aerobics classes. 

I am excited for a new year. A new start. We're on page 3 of 365! Good luck with your goals, however you plan on doing them! 

0 Comments: