Thursday, January 3, 2013

Vail Salad

This is an easy, yummy and healthy salad; The Vail Salad. My good friend, Jenn Vail, made it for me a few years ago and didn't have a name for it. Well, in our home we call it the Vail Salad and everyone loves it and eats it all up!


1 bag baby spinach
1 head of lettuce
(I usually make half this for my family, but if we have guests I make the entire recipe as is!)
3/4 lb grated Swiss cheese (I don't always have this so sometimes use graded mozzarella instead)
1 C. Cottage Cheese
1/2 lb bacon, chopped

Dressing
1/2 T poppy seed
3/4 C. white vinegar
1/2 C. oil
3/4 C. sugar (I usually use only 1/2 C.)
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. dry mustard


Put dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well. Toss onto salad and eat immediately. We usually will dress each individual salad so it doesn't wilt. Enjoy!

0 Comments: