Monday, June 10, 2013

20th High School Reunion


 A couple weekends ago was my 20th High School Reunion from San Marcos High School. Our first one, ever! 20 years does seem way too long ago... and I don't feel or look like I graduated 20 years ago. Weird. When I was in high school 38-40 year olds seemed OLD to me. Now, that's me! Weird.

Jennica, Preston and I hopped a plane and headed for beautiful Santa Barbara. Preston was pretty good on the flight. It was so fun flying with Jennica, we talked and gabbed the entire time. Such a wonderful friend!

When my mom picked us up from the airport, she hadn't put in the car seat, and I didn't bring one. So, my big boy Preston, sat like this all the way to Nana's house. Thank goodness it wasn't too far!


On Friday night a bunch of the girls headed downtown to eat at a Mexican restaurant and catch up. It was so neat seeing these wonderful women again. Most are married. Most have children. It was really neat to see some of my childhood friends as mothers now. Great mothers nonetheless! It was so fun chatting and catching up on their lives, their occupations, their families. I headed home first, at around 11pm. The rest of the gang hung out for a couple of more hours!



The next afternoon we headed to the beach for a family BBQ where several other wonderful classmates were. Again, it was great to see so many familiar faces and to catch up with all of them.






Here we all are looking through our Senior class book. It was fun reminiscing of the good 'ol days. There were several people I haven't seen since I graduated.




Later that night we headed to Harry's Plaza, an awesome restaurant in Santa Barbara. More people were there that hadn't made it to the beach BBQ earlier that day. It was great to see so many people. Everyone looked great! There was one guy and another girl I had no idea who they were. (oops!) Other than that, I spoke with everyone. The picture above is of Jody, Minda, myself and Natalie. Jody, Minda and I went to school from Kindergarten all the way to high school!! All 3 of our parents are still in Santa Barbara, in the same house!

More CUTE, CUTE ladies!!

I am so glad I went to the reunion and can't wait for the next one.

It was very strange being around so many people drinking. Drinking before dinner. After dinner. Drinking at the beach. Drinking as we're chatting. Unfortunately, most of my friends were drunk by the time I headed out. It was so weird.

And, there were many of my friends going through a divorce. Divorce sucks!! It was sad to see such wonderful people having such problems and hardships. 


 Here I am with Liz and Mindy, ladies from my basketball team! Go Royals!!


 Of course I went to Pascucci's, my MOST favorite Italian restaurant in SB with my dear friend, Minda.

On a random stop to get a coke at Chevron I ran into Flavor Flav!! I was robbed in this photo though because he wasn't even wearing his clock!!

On Sunday we headed to church. Back to my home ward full of so many friendly faces. Then, to the airport to head on home. The Santa Barbara airport is gorgeous. The tile work, artwork, land-scaping, aritecture...Beautiful!

On the flight home, Preston spilled an entire cup of cranberry juice on Jennica. Moments after we had it all cleaned up, she spilled her beverage all over herself! We must of looked drunk or something! The stewardess brought her another drink, in a cup with a lid and straw! It was so funny!!



1 Comment:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

I love that you get to go to all of these fun things! Little man is getting so big! Thanks for being happily married to the Scottie!