Saturday, June 15, 2013

YUBA LAKE



Here is our view from our campsite at Yuba Lake. We spent 3 wonderful days there. Our site was slightly elevated to give us a beautiful view of the green lake. What is not pictured here is the kitchen I set up on the opposite end of the picnic tables. Also, the large tent that Scott, I and some of the little ones slept in.



 


We ate like kings while camping. First night for dinner we BBQ'ed some steaks, roasted corn on the cob and had sliced watermelon. Another night was grilled chicken and baked potatoes. Desserts were peach cobbler one night and smores with hot chocolate another night. For breakfast I made scrambled eggs, bacon, and fresh fruit. Another breakfast was egg and sausage burritos with OJ.  There were also plenty of snacks to keep those kids full and going all day.


 We took turns on the wave runners and everyone had a blast on them. Will rode by himself and the other boys drove with either Scott or myself with them. One time, I had Tyler and Brigham and we tipped over. It was totally my fault. They were scared and mad and refused to ride with me again! No one was hurt; we were just dumped into the cold water of Yuba Lake.



On the second afternoon, it was super windy and really choppy out there. Will and Scott took the wave runners out and were jumping the waves, racing each other and making donuts. They had a blast. It was fun to watch them!

















It was a very fun 3 day's with the family at Yuba Lake. I am so glad we were able to head out of town together before the crazy busy summer schedule starts. BUT, there are prickers everywhere!! And, very, very windy. I wish someone would've told me that. I'm getting chills just typing about the prickers. Everyone stepped on them several times. With shoes on. OUCHY!!!

One afternoon a man across from our spot found a snake and carried it to the cliff and let it go. Umm, snakes? I don't like snakes. I don't like that I saw him carrying it, like it was no big deal. I don't like that he let it go. Aren't we suppose to kill those disgusting creatures? Yuck!

2 Comments:

Kara said...

Snakes?! Ahhh!! So creepy. Otherwise, looks like an awesome trip!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

what a great trip! looks like the perfect camp site! all it was missing was us! we love camping...but with you guys it would be the ultimate campout!