Saturday, June 8, 2013

Race for the Cure


This year we had over 25 family members participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Run in downtown Salt Lake City. We gathered together to remember Debbie Dickson, a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mom, a friend and my cousin. Debbie was freed from cancer last year and lives in Heaven with her mom and many other relatives who love her. We miss her very much but realize she is in a far better place.


The night before I made pink tu-tu's for Angie, Bubbles and myself to wear. A BIG thanks to Greg for helping me finish them off!!

Scott wore one of the extra tu-tu's on his head and had several people stop him to take his picture! AWESOME!!!



Here we are near the end where several cheerleaders high-fived us as we ran past. Scott, Tyler and I ran the entire race, which was awesome. Afterwards, we walked back to finish the race again with our other cousins who walked it.


There were thousands and thousands of people there to show respect, love and support for this great cause! I felt honored to be a part of it.

0 Comments: