Monday, October 26, 2009

P.F. Changs


P.F. Chang's is one of my favorite restaurants of all times. I could name several items off the menu that are Scott's and my favorite. But the one that tops the list is the lettuce wraps. My mouth is watering as I'm typing. YUMMY!
Well, last week I was invited to attend with some of my boys to a Kid's Menu Tasting Event. Scott and I had to rearrange our busy schedules to make sure I could attend this event. It sounded fun and free food from P. F. Chang's, why wouldn't I go? We drove all the way into Scottsdale (about 20-25 minutes away from our home). Earlier that morning we had to leave super early for soccer games and birthday parties.
We arrived at 1pm and as I walked in, I noticed only a few staff members where there. no other mom bloggers. No other children. Uh-oh. I asked one of the servers about the special event I was invited to and he knew nothing of it. The manager came over and preceded to explain to me that the main chef's wife had emergency surgery and the event was postponed. BUMMER! He was extremely nice and said the event had been rescheduled for November, and Laura (the main gal in charge of the shin-dig) tried to contact me several times. He was very apologetic. Then, he asked if he could treat my entire family to a free lunch. Yes, I said a FREE lunch at P.F. Chang's! I feel bad for the lead chef's emergency surgery, but free lunch! How great is that! Scott parked the car and brought in the rest of the gang. We huddled around a table and ordered. Just looking through the menu made my mouth water. It had been too long since we had been to P. F. Chang's.


Here is Jackson coloring and playing all the little games inside of the children's menu.


Will taking some sips of his favorite drink, a Shirley Temple. YUM!

The Thompson gang waiting patiently for our food to arrive!

It's here! Our FREE lunch from one of the most yummy, delicious restaurants around!

Here is the aftermath...The damage had been done. We are all full and this is what a typical table looks like when we've had enough! :)
THANK you P. F. Chang's for a GREAT lunch!
THANK you manager who was so kind to offer a FREE lunch to us!
THANK you to my friend Stephanie who forwarded my name to be included to this event!
THANK you Laura for the invite!
See you in November!!

6 Comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

You're welcome!!! After reading that I'm kind of sad that Laura got a hold of me to cancel!! Yum!

rachel said...

Awesome! YUM Lettuce wraps. I will have to look that recipe up:)What a fun memory!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

too fun! this was probably so much better than going when the whole world was there with you anyways! my mom actually has their recipe for those lettuce wraps...when i get unpacked and reorganized i'll scrounge around and find it for ya! she made friends with a chef at her local one and would ask how everything was made...the only thing we can't duplicate is that yummy ice cream that comes with the banana fried wraps??? it's custom made for them!

Lacey said...

We love P.F Changs too! It's my date night with Chris for my birthday next week!

Stephanie sent me that email too but I wasn't too excited about driving out to Scottsdale for it.

Glad you enjoyed your free meal- you cant' go wrong there for sure!

Crazymamaof6 said...

DELIGHTFUL! i'm super jealous! love love PF CHANGS! i'll see ya there in November maybe.

Crazymamaof6 said...

Oh and i boo'd ya on my blog. come check it out.