Monday, August 29, 2011

Sunsets and Gardens


 One of things I LOVED about Arizona are their magnificent sunsets. Truly breathtaking! When I moved to Utah I was wonderfully surprised that the sunsets here are fantastic as well...All three of these shots were taken just this week. I know a lot of scenic photos can get mundane and boring, but these shots are beautiful (and don't really give the sunset justice!) Our house is a little taller than anyone around us, so we can walk out on our deck and bask in the beauty of nature. 
The other shot is of my garden. I love, love love gardening. It was extremely hard in Arizona to grow anything. At my new location the soil and weather are terrific. (I do have a sloped garden, which has been hard to manage...)I've already harvested all my spinach and lettuce. I re-planted peas and more cabbage in that same location. I already have harvested several (huge) zucchini's, tomatoes, corn, peas and carrots. It been fun to head out in the garden with the boys and talk and eat out there. Just this afternoon Will and I were out there snacking as he told me about his first Cross Country practice. A wonderful experience. There is still more corn, peas, tomatoes, onions, tomatillos, pumpkins, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and lettuce out there still growing! YUM!


0 Comments: