Monday, November 28, 2011

Different Turkey Recipe...YUMMMMM!!!!

 I always make my turkey different each year. I like to try new things and they always turn out great and look good. Can you make a bad turkey? This year I combined 2 different recipes into one! I had fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage and marjoram) and chopped them up. Added salt and pepper and melted butter. I brushed that all over the bird and under the skin. I placed bacon stripes on the top of the bird as well. We basted the bird every 3o minutes for 3.5 hours. We basted her with apple juice, and then next time would be a brown sugar and maple syrup mixture, then back to the apple juice.
The turkey came out delicious!! Very earthy with all the herbs yet savory with the bacon.
Of course we had homemade rolls with homemade jams and jelly's, Margene's homemade stuffing, twice baked potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy....My mouth is watering...

1 Comment:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

no way!!!!! i never even thought to incorporate the bacon into the turkey...genius...we're going to have to add this one to our recipes!