Thursday, July 23, 2009

Top Ramen

Pronounced Ray-men! At least in our family!

We love this soup. Beef or oriental flavored. Chicken tastes a little funk. Sometimes I'll hard boil a couple of eggs and cut them up and put them in the soup. Sometimes I'll add a pinch of crushed red pepper. We always eat the with saltine crackers. The boys will crush them up and put them right into the soup. I love to get a big spoonful of the noodles and juice and place it on top of the cracker and eat it that way. It's really messy, but yummy.

Do you like Top Ramen? How do you cook it?

3 Comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i was very fortunate when we were in school because the kiddos love it! jace however cannot even tolerate the smell of it (bad ramen experience i guess) and so we'd sneak it...literally...we'd have to cook, eat and clean up all before we even thought he'd come home :) it was just right for our budget, that's for sure! i still don't care for it so much but have memories of my mom putting peas and corn into it to attempt to make it healthier for us to eat :)

Clarissa B. said...

i love ramen! its also really good if you drop an egg in it when you add the noodles and then stir it up and let the egg cook into it. :) I've never had it with a hard boiled egg though, I bet its good!

Deanna said...

Sometimes I cook it as directed then dump out most of the "soup" Then I add frozen mixed veggies and hamburger.