Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homemade Chili

It turned real cold all of a sudden and I felt in the mood for Chili, Wendy's chili. I found this recipe here and it turned out great!! I was planning on left overs to either freeze or have for lunch tomorrow. No such luck. The boys licked the pan clean!

Chili - Wendy's Style

Chili {Wendy's Style} Ingredients:

  • 4.5 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
  • 2 large yellow (sweet) onions, chopped
  • 7 large green bell peppers, chopped
  • 4 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic (I use jarred)
  • 2 cans Ranch Style Beans, NOT drained (15 ounce cans)
  • 2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained (15 ounce cans)
  • 2 cans Original Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chili (10 ounce cans)
  • 2 cans stewed tomatoes (15 ounce cans)
  • 4 cans plain tomato sauce (15 ounce cans)
  • 2 packages McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning (1.25 ounce packages)

Chili {Wendy's Style} Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot.*
  2. Simmer for at least three hours (I let mine cook all day long).
  3. Enjoy!

1 Comment:

DoryQueen said...

I made this and it was very, very yummy! Thanks for sharing love ya