Friday, October 5, 2012

My Brother

 Last weekend we had an extra special weekend when my mom and brother, William, flew in to be with us for the weekend. William hasn't been to Salt Lake City for over 10 years, and we haven't seen him for almost 3. He's never met Nathan and of course not Little P either. All my boys were so excited for Uncle William to come and visit, so was I.
 We spent the entire weekend with jam-packed activities like football games, Trafalga, a birthday party, shopping, site seeing around SLC, visiting with family and friends, a blessing and more.
 On Friday night my mom made her famous tacos and we had tons of family and friends over to visit. William hasn't seen most of these people in years and was nervous about the dinner. Everything turned out great and we all had a nice time with each other.


William has been in and out of prison for as long as I can remember. He was just released less than 2 months ago and we were not sure if he would be able to make it or not. He needs to check in with his parole officer 2x a week and pee in a cup. It's been dirty the last two times, so they've sent him back to county jail for 10 days. UGH! One week before he's suppose to come visit his parole officer says there is no way he can leave the county, let alone the state! After my mom and William talked with his boss they made special allowances and William was able to come. The day before they flew here he had another test and it was clean! Thank goodness.
I am so thankful for the opportunity William had to come here and visit with all of us. Have time to visit with all my boys and myself and be with other family and friends that love him. I can't really believe they would allow a convicted felon to leave for 3 days to visit us, it was truly a miracle.

1 Comment:

Angie said...

You are such a good sister to William!! I loved being with him! So grateful he was able to come and spend time with your family as well as all of us who love him!