Friday, October 26, 2012

Maxi Skirt

 Here is a cute maxi skirt I made last week.  I bought the fabric at that 0.99 cent fabric store in California. I used 1 1/2 yards of this cute, striped jersey material. I saw the idea on Pinterest and fell in love, but it was much harder to make than I had originally thought! So guess who helped me and sewed most of it!!!!

I found it here, but it wasn't that helpful. It's so weird that sewing has so much to do with math!

It took about 2 hours to make, it would have been much shorter if I hadn't wanted two different angles to the panels. At the top is a yoga waist band that was pretty easy to sew. I am really happy with the way it came out. I was able to take it with me on my trip to Santa Barbara and received several compliments on it!

1 Comment:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

uhm...is that scotty on the ground cutting out your patterns and lining up the fabric??? that job is priceless because that's where my mind always gets jumbled :) love the skirt!