Sunday, May 31, 2009

The First Day

On Thursday was the first day of cub scout day camp in Tempe. I was able to work it out that Will, Jack, and Tyler all went together with a couple other boys in our ward. I had to go along too, which ended up being a ton of fun. Scott also went, being in charge of one of the rotations. Sweet little Brigs had to stay home, all alone. No, just kidding. He had a babysitter, but I really missed him. Gavin could of gone and hung out in the toddler area, but he's still in Cali with his favorite Nana and Papa hanging out and playing with them. (Keeping them young, I'm sure!)

There were over 300 children who attended the camp and it was outside, all day long. The camp went from 2pm to 10pm. (That's a long time to be outside in the hot Arizona heat! Especially for me!)

One station was the pool! YEAH! My favorite. Another was a craft lodge. (which had an AC set at 90 degrees. oh, man!)
Another rotation was with Scott and on the first day they made a cool knot board. An obstacle course, with a large wall to climb over as they get sprayed with the hose, over stuff, under stuff, monkey bars.....Boys loved it and were dripping from head to toe afterwards. BB gun area, where they even let the parent have a turn! SWEET!Archery. My first turn I had my left arm a little too straight, and how it has two huge bruises on it. OUCH!

We all had a very fun time, but were exhausted by the time it was all over.

2 Comments:

Chandy said...

Lori, that's great! I can't wait for my son and hubs to go on one of those! I don't know if I'd be able to go, but boy would I love to! Great pics of everyone! I assume your lack of presence in the pics made you the shutter bug for the day? ;-)

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

so cool! i've never been to one where the boys get to do so much! such a neat experience, and so fun that you and scott both got to be there!