Monday, May 18, 2009

Updates

There are so many things I need to update you all on.....So here it goes.

Garden update: Lettuce, peas and corn came up and the birds ate it all away....:( Strawberry plants are now dead. Onions doing ok out there. My 2 tomato plants are great! Lots of buds. I have a ton of cantaloupe, watermelon and pumpkin. Today when Scott comes home I'm putting up the 30% shade cloth to help put my little plants.

Gavin update: He had his last day of preschool and did really well there. Next week Gavin, Brigham and myself are off to Santa Barbara for a week of fun with Nana! He talks about seeing his Nana and Papa several times a day and is so excited to go visit them.

Scott update: He just completed another rotation! YEAH! That means he has only TWO more to go. The rotation he just started on Monday is a family doctor's office 5 minutes away from our house! He really enjoys it there and love that it doesn't take him forever to get home!

Baby boy #6: He doesn't seem to be as active as the other boys, but is defiantly getting bigger! We like the names Preston and Camden. Middle names we like are Joseph or Grant (family names). Any thoughts??

Food Storage: Going pretty dang well. I don't have anything from the cannery or those massively large containers of food, but I have been buying and saving extra in all the different food groups. Our shelves are stocked up! Scott keeps telling me not to go the store anymore, we're literally running out of room!

5 Comments:

Kara said...

If you want to keep birds away from your garden, get a head from someone who did beauty school. My sister's creepy mannequin head keeps the birds away from the dog food. I love the name Camden Grant! Also, we are heading to Virginia next week while you are out here in SB :( Sad day!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Joseph is Scott's great-grandfather's name, just for info. Sorry about the garden - but if you get some tomatoes, I know you will be happy. Good luck. LOL

Zana said...

I hope you get tons of tomatoes...homemade salsa!!! Whatever boy name you choose will be the perfect fit b/c you've obviously had good taste with the last five. I'm curious what girl names you've got picked out for the future:)

Chandy said...

I hope you solve your bird problem. And great job on the rest of your plants. Where are the pictures? Also, that's a good sign if your own hubby says to stop going to the store. A great sign of a full pantry! Yay, Lori!

I'm no help with names; it took us two days after they were born to come with for two of our children. LOL

Yay, Gavin! Have a safe trip!

DoryQueen said...

Thanks for the update. Good luck with the garden. As for food storage, have you checked out a fabulous website called foodstoragemadeeasy.net? Also everydayfoodstorage.net and funwithfoodstorage.net They are really good sites! Good luck, JeanaÜ