Friday, May 8, 2009

Why does it take so long...

Why does it take so long to cut a piece of watermelon?

Last night a washed off a nice large watermelon and was about to cut it when I noticed the counter was a little dirty. I went to grab the wash cloth I had layed out the day before and realized it was pretty dirty. I walked the wash cloth to the washing machine and realized I had to move the dry clothes out, the clothes from the washer into the dryer and then start a new load. After doing that I walked into my off to check my e-mail and was reminded of a vinyl order I needed to print out. I started printing it out and one of the boys asked where their piece of watermelon was. I walked back into the kitchen and noticed Brigham had gotten into the trash can and there was papers all over the floor. I leaned over and picked up each of those papers and a half eaten apple and decided to just take the trash out so it wouldn't happen again. As I finished emptying the trash into the large container outside I looked over to my garden and wanted to have a better look. I was checking it all out and thought it needed to be water a little. After finishing the watering I was walking back to the house with the trash can in hand when I smelled something gross. Brigham needed a diaper change, bad. After changing his diaper I walked to the kitchen sink to wash my hands and realize the watermelon is still sitting there. So I cut a piece out for everyone.
That is the story of my life. There is always something to pick-up, to wipe off, to put away, to clean up, to reorganize, to fix, to change.......It's a never ending cycle until they all leave, get married and start having their own children! :)

5 Comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

well said. and it's so true for every mom.

happy mothers day to you!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

and then we're gonna cry!!!! so true though isn't it? i feel like i'm literally running in circles just to try to accomplish what i set out to do some days :) too funny :) it's all worth it though huh? :)

Chandy said...

True that! There's always something. That pretty much described every good mom. LOL

Deanna said...

but you do it all so well!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Then you get to start it all over again - with the grandchildren. The blessings outweigh the work. Keep up the good job. LOL