Monday, November 23, 2009

Great Scott!

Scott was home this morning doing some work form home, which I love because then the boys will want to play and chat with him so I can get some stuff done. Like, take a shower! I finished nursing the baby and handed him off to Scott. Brigham and Gavin were in the bath just climbing out when I was going in to take a shower. So he's holding the baby, who needs a diaper change. And there are two adorable naked little boys running around who need to get dressed. Scott asks, "how do I do this?" With a little chuckle I reply, "I don't know, how do I do this.....everyday....when you're not here?" He eventually figured it out, like most husbands do. But then it made me think about being a mom. I don't have any magical powers, even though sometimes I wish I had. I don't even think I'm a great mom. I usually don't know how I accomplished the things I do in an average day. But I am confident that most moms, if not all, feel that way. We just get it done. I don't know how, we somehow just do it! So, for all you mother's out there with youngsters or teenagers, with a baby on the way or 6 running in circles around you...I applaud you! You just get it done! And you are AWESOME!

2 Comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

...as are you!!! it is funny to think on eh? we do just do it! i always tell my hubby...if you did it as much as i need to...you'd know how i do it ;)

Mamathom and Papathom said...

I am PROUD of all my sons. They do a GREAT job, being a dad and hubby - and being there to help out in all situations.