Monday, November 2, 2009

Mini Houdini!

I have this one kid who thinks he's a teenager, I swear! He is so independent. He'll just leave the house and walk or ride his bike to a friend's house or to the park to play. It doesn't matter what time of day or whether he's asked (or told) his mom where's he's off to. I think he's been lost several times, but not to him. He's out exploring. Playing. Finding. Having a nice time. After we had to call the police because he was missing.....I won't tell you how long.....I decided that time-outs, taking privilege away or getting mad at him no longer worked. I told Scott I wanted to buy one of those metal lock things like in a hotel. You know the bar that you can flip over so the door can open just a peep. Well, Scott insisted we get those (LAME) plastic door knob covers. So off to Wal-mart I went. I came home and put them right on. I tell the wandering boy to "just try to open the door now!" Ha, ha, ha. (say it like a witch rubbing her hands together...) Then my jaw hit the floor. First try. First attempt. He's like, yeah now what mom! It had to be a fluke, right? So I moved the plastic thingy around and said "try it again!" And he did exactly what I asked him to do. So, really he was obedient. Off I went to Wal-mart again, thank goodness it's right across the street, and bought the metal thingy. Like I wanted to originally. But now I start doubting it and think this kid will be able to escape. He's like a mini Houdini! Over the weekend Scott puts it together and....

Wal-la! He can't reach it. Not even standing on a chair! YEAH! (Rubbing hands together) Ha, ha, ha my plan has worked! Finally!

3 Comments:

Noelle said...

That's too funny! I guess that's the kind of thing I have to look forward to with Talmage. Boys...

Kara said...

I just love that little guy :)

Alissa said...

Hahahaha!!! That's awesome!