Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crappy Day

Yesterday was an unbelievably crappy day, literally, crap filled day!

I took the kiddos to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point, all was well so far. After we headed to Ikea for their free kids meals. We were just about done when all of a sudden Nathan gets this weird look on his face and Tyler shouts, "He just pooped his pants!" As I looked down at Nathan I saw green diarrhea slowly sliding down his legs and onto the floor. Nathan has just been potty trained to peep in the toilet for about a week now and never has had an accident. Right then and there I was wishing I hadn't come. Wishing Scott wasn't at work. Wishing I had left 3 minutes earlier. Wishing, wishing, wishing. I headed to the family bathroom and started cleaning Naters up. I cleaned his shoes. Tossed his socks and underwear and washed out his shorts. Again, wishing, wishing, wishing... Ikea is very Conservative and doesn't have things like lids or straws...or paper towels! They do have wipies and extra diapers in the restrooms though! After cleaning him up the best I could, and the area we were in, we headed to the sink where I used soap and water to really clean those cute buns and legs. I grabbed a few toilet covers to dry him off, put on an Ikea diaper and we were off.

A couple hours later we're at football practice when Nathan walks up to me with a sad face and says sorry. I looked down and he had peeped his pants. Not his day. A few minutes later Gavin comes over to me and tells me his bottom is really hurting bad. I asked him if when he did go poop if he wiped really well, he said yes. I turn back to watch the scrimmage when he says mom look. There was poo on his finger. Hello! He put his hand down his pants to itch his butt and there was a little poop on his finger from doing so. DISGUSTING!

When I got home I nursed the baby and he pooped, totally normal. I changed his diaper and as I'm walking away from the the changing table he poops again. I change him. Within 5 minutes he poops a third time. Each time completely filling his diaper! Thank goodness nothing leaked out.

Today is a new day. Today is a poop free day. Well maybe a little poop, in a newborn diaper. Other than that it will be a poop free day. And besides, Scott doesn't work today!

1 Comment:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

Ahhhh...I'm so sorry...and of course...the day After is the day tthe hubby is off. Thanks for the laugh though!