Thursday, September 20, 2012

Personal History- Growing up, Teenage years


I found this GREAT site, This is ME Challenge. I was so inspired to participate, so here is my THIRD post about ME! It's broken up in sections you write about yourself, family and interests. There are several areas to choose from. I plan on doing this about once a week. It's a great way to get information for genealogy and your posterity to have.

Here is the third one:

Growing up, teenage years:

*What activities did you participate in? (Sports, dancing, music, arts, etc.) While a teenager I participated in various sports and extracurricular activities. I was on the swim team for a year, basketball team for 4 years, a member of a singing group for 1 year, a cheerleader for 1 year, and in the musicals and dramas. I also spent a lot of time with my youth church group.

*How did you learn how to drive? I learned to drive when I was 10-11 years old. My Gram would let my brother and I park the cars in the driveway or drive down the street. I remember driving half way to junior high!! My Gram was beyond awesome!! My Gram had several cars and I first learned to drive with a stick shift!

*What kind of car did you have?
I received a brand new Isuzu Rodeo on my 17th birthday! It was a huge surprise and I loved that car!!

*Who were your friends? By this time I had a distinct divide between my good friends and friends. A lot of my friends moved to more of clicky group and I called them the "Clicky Quad" because that's where they hung out at lunch time. My good friends became my very best friends and to this day we are all super close. Michelle M., Monica C., Lea S., Jennica B., Charlie B., Steve V., and Ginger R. were all my besties.
*Did you have a girl/boy friend? Talk about him/herI had a ton of boyfriends. I was too young when I first started having boyfriends. But, I would get bored with them fast and break up with them. Can't really say much about any of them, don't really remember. I do remember my first, Silvio B. He was so cute and popular. (now, he's a high school drop out and a druggie!) Nothing was too serious or lasted too long. It wasn't until college when a guy first broke up with me, and that sucked!
*What did you like/dislike about school?I loved, loved, loved school. I loved the different classes and teachers and subjects. I loved my high school. I loved the dances, plays, sports and other fun activities that San Marcos had to offer.
I hated homework. I was terrible at studying, so I tried to avoid it as much as possible.
*What was your first paid job? Oh man, I am not sure. I remember when I was really little my brother and I had a paper route, but it wasn't a real job. There was baby sitting here and there...But a real job, I have no idea!
*What were your chores at home?
Here we are again with the chores question...My mom called me last week and complained that I did have chores. I had to clean things when she asked (I have no recollection of this!) But, she did say my room was always a mess. I do remember that! But, in my defense, I could always find things I needed! I'm the opposite now with my room. I love a clean room, and a clean house. I still never make my bed though...

1 Comment:

Angie said...

I love each and every post! Even though I knew you well before you knew any of those "besties" and funny thing Gram let me drive before "my time"... don't tell my mom. Oh... too late, she's chatting with Gram about it as we speak. Haha!! I'm motivated to do this even though I'm a pretty good journal writter its a fun & different perspective. What's the websight again... just called "ME"?? Good work belle!!!