Monday, August 30, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake





I made this CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE last week and my boys gobbled it all up so fast! It was moist, sweet, and delicious! The boys all sat around the bar and helped me make it and were enjoying themselves until I started pouring in shredded zucchini. All of them freaked out and were mortified that I had done that. It was pretty funny to see their reaction. When it was done baking they all tried it, reluctantly, and really liked it. So I'm making it again! Here is the recipe:

1/2 C margarine

1/2 C cooking oil

1 3/4 c sugar

2 eggs

2 1/2 C flour

1/2 tsp. salt

4 T cocoa

1/2 tsp soda

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 C buttermilk ( I use reg milk in my fridge and all a tsp of white vinegar, and hurry and pour it in)

2 C shredded zucchini

1 C chocolate chips

Cream first four ingredients together and then add all the dry ingredients. Then add the vanilla, buttermilk, zucchini and chocolate chips. Bake at 325* in a 9x12 pan for 45 minutes.

EASY!!

3 Comments:

Kim said...

this is the same recipe i use. it turns out almost like brownies! yum.

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

can i tell you that i have kitchen island envy???? i would love to have a kitchen like yours :) enjoy it!

Sarah said...

AWESOME!! i am so gonna make this!! thank you so much for posting this recipe