Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hogel Zoo

We went to Hogel Zoo yesterday with the boys and some fun cousins. (Aliegh, Bubbles, Ty and Mara!!) It was a fun zoo that had a lot of different animals for my boys to ooh and ahhh over.

I know this is a terrible photo, but oh well. It's a momma tiger with her THREE triplet babies! How cool is that! Of course they were snuggled up under a tree sleeping the day away!
My cute little cousin Mara is standing in front of a cute little animal called a "Mara"! How fun!
Unfortunately, while visiting the zoo, Jackson turned into a turtle!

A gigantic ostrich who decided to pee and pooped right when we were all there walking him. Not only was it grouse, but weird too! If you've seen it before, you know what I mean! (This sack looking thing comes out of the lower area and drops the poop out...) Was that too much info? :)

The gang watching the giraffes trying to stay cool in the shade.
Look how she's sittin' all fancy and lady-like.

Jackson reading to a ram.







This a a cute baby elephant, which I've never seen an elephant so small before. Her name is Zuri. She's hanging out with her mama. They were eating and walking around then she started nursing! It was incredible. The mama primed her own nipples (she only has 2...another thing I didn't know) and then baby Zuri started nursing! Every few seconds the momma would flap her huge ears like she was telling us to stay back. Look at the mama's foot propped up on the curb. Baby Zuri is doing the same thing!

Go Cougars!!
It was a fun-filled day! Thanks Bub for inviting us to tag along!

2 Comments:

lindsay Roscoe said...

So glad our zoo pass workrd to get you in!

Tara Nelson said...

Lori, I LUV that post. Do you know how many pictures we have with us kids (my siblings and I) taking drinks from the big Lion and trying to measure up to the Apes! I LUV Hogle Zoo!