Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TOFW



A couple weekends ago I attended TOFW (Time out For Women) in Ogden, Utah with one of my favorite cousins. We had such a wonderful time and it was so refreshing to be able to put 100% of my focus on spiritual stuff. Sure, I missed the kiddos and the hubby, but I needed it and it's on "my list".

The topic of this years theme is "Choose to Become". One speaker elaborated on this and said "...a little bit more of the woman you're suppose to be!"

Friday night was Virginia Pierce and she spoke on mothering. We don't just have one mother, many women mother us. What a blessing that is! She spoke a lot about Eliza R. Snow and what a remarkable woman she was. (I now want to buy her biography!! I had no idea how influential she was in church history.)
"The Lord has laid high responsibility on us. Continue to help build the kingdom of God".

Also on Friday night Macy Robinson sang to us. She was funny and entertaining. She sang broadway songs about her life as a mother. It was a great night. I received a text around 8pm that night from Scott that said "When can mom get off time-out?" from Gavin! How adorable!

Bubbles (my cousin's nick-name) and I went back to our hotel, worked out, laughed, talked, stayed up waaay too late and had a blast!

More about TOFW later!!

4 Comments:

rachel said...

Looks like fun. I am thinking about going to one of these in ak. I wasn't sure about it but this one sounds awesome!

Stephanie Shumway said...

you wear me out! ;) Sounds like fun! I really really can't wait to party hearty with you the next time I visit....whenever that is! boooooo finances! booo school!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

so fun! i'm still living off of the high from going to TOFW here! can't wait to go again!

peachytiffers said...

I would love to do that sometime. We should try to plan one big campus reunion with all our girlfriends there. That'd be fun!