Friday, February 10, 2012

Feelin' the Pressure

I have been feelin' the pressure lately about if I'm having a baby boy or a a baby girl. So many people say "I hope it's a girl!" and other nice girl things. I don't want to let everyone down if I find out I'm having a boy. I've never felt like this before an ultrasound. I would love, love, love a boy or a girl. But, if I had to bet my money is on a boy. I don't have any feelings or dreams about the sex of the baby, but I have 6 boys. I'm pretty sure there is another boy coming! I feel like I'm going to let down friends and family if I am having another boy. I know everyone will be excited no matter what, but for a second there will a little disappointment in their faces. It's not like I get to choose. It's already been decided. I'm trying to get in to see a doctor at Scott's work this afternoon. (it depends if someone cancels or not) So, I could find out in a few hours!! Wowza! Very exciting, but it also makes me have a little anxiety! Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Laura said...

That is supper exciting. I think it is great that you are excited either way. I can totally see how there is a lot of pressure being that you already have 6 boys. If you have a girl SWEET, and if you have a boy SWEET because you are a pro with boys! I'm nervous for this little boy in me.

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i can imagine the stress we're all putting on you :) sorry! hopefully you know that either way we will love this little one... like we love all that thompson crew! you guys are amazing and we're excited and you know what? you won't see our faces when we find out so please know now we'll be super excited if you have another boy too :)

Jo said...

As someone who also has only boys I can assure you you will not be letting anyone down. People are probably hoping mostly for you. There is some unexplained feeling that most people have that if you only have kids of one sex you are missing out on something, so if you get one then it is ok to stop having kids unless you really want more. If you keep having the same sex you will forever have the haunting of just one more, maybe this time it will be different. I am asked constantly if I am going to try one more time for a girl. My response is simply I would never have a child just to try for a girl. I would only have a baby if I would be happy with either. Ultimately who wouldn't love their baby either way. This is not to say that if we ever did have another baby that I would not hope it to be a girl but would be happy with a boy. Once you hold that baby nothing else really matters. Sorry this is long. Good Luck.

rachel said...

Good luck Lori! This is very understandable. Maybe you should not find out until the baby's born;) (Just tryin' to spice it up;)

DoryQueen said...

We will be happy for you either way I hope you realize you'll be adding a whole bunch of daughters when your boys get married (smile)