Friday, July 13, 2012

7th son, born on the 7th day of the 7th month


Well, I made it to 7-7. I truly can't believe it. The end of this pregnancy was tough and I was miserable a lot of the time. On Friday evening my mom flew in and we headed out to dinner with some cousins. Later that night it was hard to get to sleep. Scott and I were super excited, like we were heading to Disneyland the next day or something like that. Silly us...

On Saturday morning, Scott woke me around 7am and we were off to the hospital. We arrived around 7:20am to check in and do some paperwork.

 It was really weird walking into the hospital, not having any contractions, but knowing I was there to deliver a baby. Besides Scott, my mom, Will and Tyler were there. I received my IV, the doctor broke my water and I received an epidural. While laboring, I put my eye mask on and listened to classical music trying to stay relaxed, calm and focused. My cute boys were playing Xbox the entire time.

 Dr. Yamashiro is my doctor, and one of the coolest people I know! Scott works with his wife (she's a doctor too!) Both wonderful people and great doctors! Scott delivered the baby less that 2 hours later. Well, hang on there... I delivered the baby and Scott was there to assist me. :)
 Will saw Brigham delivered, cut his umbilical cord and in a few years will be able to baptize him. Cute Tyler figured out that the age difference was perfect for him to someday baptize this baby. So Tyler witnessed the delivery, cut the umbilical cord and will one day baptize him.

I asked Jackson if he wanted to come to the delivery and he looked at me with disgust and said, "Ewww, no. That's gross!" It's not for everybody!
 Cute pie baby boy #7 was welcomed to the world. He was really purple, but his coloring changed quickly and he was healthy.
 Literally seconds after he was born, I said with much happiness, "Thank goodness that's over!" And by the way, another swear-free delivery! That's two in a row for me! YEAH baby! Drugs are good, in the hospital!
 Tyler also got to put on Preston's first diaper! He did such a great job.
 Here I am, as happy as can be with my new little angel. And yes, I delivered with my crown on. I am a princess! No tearing, no episiotomy, no hemorrhoids... I couldn't be happier!
 Way to go Tyler! You are a champ with a lot of courage to be part of a delivery and you have a lot of love! You are a great big brother!
 Cute daddy and son time!
 His weight was 9lbs 9oz, 22" long.
 First bath in the nursery...

Here we all are! One big happy family!!

3 Comments:

Elizabeth said...

You just make it look so dang easy!! Way to go Lori! When Gavin gets home fromCA call me and we will have him come play.

candace said...

I love your post!! I love that you said and this was a swearing free delivery!! lol hilarious!!! Thankfully I didn't swear either with Macy, my epidural worked great! =) otherwise everyone might of not of been so lucky! ;) You truly do have such a great family! And Preston is such a cutie!!! Congrats to you all!!

candace said...

I love your post!! I love that you said and this was a swearing free delivery!! lol hilarious!!! Thankfully I didn't swear either with Macy, my epidural worked great! =) otherwise everyone might of not of been so lucky! ;) You truly do have such a great family! And Preston is such a cutie!!! Congrats to you all!!