Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cravings

With each birth of a sweet angel baby I have cravings for something yummy, not healthy at all. This is where my goal and dream of getting back into my skinny clothes comes crashing down. Those darn cravings! With baby boy #7 it's been ice cream. My mouth is watering right now! Right after I am done with this post I will head downstairs and get a scoop of delicious, mouth-watering ice cream. Yesterday we hit Wendy's for a small chocolate frosty. So good. The day before that was McDonald's dollar hot fudge sundae. Yummy. I think what started the whole ice cream craving was my second night home from the hospital a neighbor brought us dinner and dessert. The dessert was a Oreo ice cream cake. I'm not even an Oreo fan, but this was so good. After 3 days I had eaten more than half of it, easily.
Let's go back a few babies and I'll tell you what the craving was for them. Funny, it wasn't a craving while pregnant, just after the fact. Weird! A few babies ago it was these sugar cookies from Target that were dipped in chocolate on the bottom side. Thank goodness they were only seasonal and I could only buy them for a limited time. But, a few months later, the next holiday, they were back in the stores and I refused to buy them. Another baby was Milky Way bars. Now, this all sounds gross to me, but then, it was all I could think about. I lived, literally, right across the street from a Wal-Mart and Target and I could go (almost) daily to satisfy my craving. Like I'm a druggy and need my daily high. Another craving were these chocolate and raspberry cups at Target. It was a hard chocolate shell with a chocolate truffle inside with 3 raspberries on top and a little drizzle of hard chocolate. So good. So fattening.
Back to ice cream...Honestly, I dreamed of making that Oreo ice cream cake the other night. I made it over and over in my dreams. I never ate any of it, but I kept making it. I'm thinking I need to head to the grocery store soon to buy the few ingredients of this cake. I found the recipe on Pinterest! Thank goodness for Pinterest! Or maybe not...
Have you craved anything AFTER delivering a baby?

4 Comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Chocolate chip cookies. Is the stand out one. Fruit after the last one.

Rebekkah Monaghan said...

Every time!

rachel said...

Pizza Hut's supreme pizza. I had to have it after I had Hunter. . . I like it now too but it was a must have at that time.

Unknown said...

After the birth of my daughter I would literally eat a box of Gobstoppers a day. Their little hard candies inspired by Willy Wonka. Also, I always had to eat chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream daily. Funny, once I stopped all that the baby belly disappeared:)