Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wart Removal

picture courtesy of singlemormonmommy
I've never had any warts, neither have my boys, until we moved to Arizona. A year or so after living there some of the younger boys started to get warts on their fingers and toes. Gross! They were small and the boys didn't seem to mind them. But, eventually Tyler's grew larger and became more abundant on his hands and feet. He didn't like the way they looked or felt. Gavin had a few too. And I found one on my heel! Ouch! We moved to Salt Lake City and went into Scott's office and them all frozen off, which hurt like hades, and it didn't seem to work. We went back a second and third time to have the same procedure done. The boys cried and screamed, it hurt so bad! Finally, a couple warts were gone! Yeah! My friend who sells Do Terra Oils told me to use Oregano oil 2-3 times a day. The small warts on Tyler and Gavin disappeared and they were thrilled! I continued to put oregano essential oil on my wart 2-3 times a day for over and month and nothing happened. I've also tried the store brand stuff, using tape, nail filing it down, picking it off...Nothing seems to work. I no longer google things first I Pinterest them and find tons of great information.
I found the below information at singleMormonMommy: On the first night:
1) Lightly buff the surface of the wart with an emery board. Wash away the dust and use some hand sanitizer, and throw away the board.
2) Break the cotton off the top of a swab. You should have a ball about the same size as the wart. In Ethan’s case, we had to use small cotton balls instead.
3) Dampen the cotton with the vinegar, put it on the wart, and duct-tape it in place, sealing off the edges as best as you can so you can sleep. In the morning, remove the duct tape, wash everything and let it dry, and then give the wart a few coats of nail polish. At night, pick off the nail polish and put on a fresh swab of vinegar with your duct tape. After a day or two, you’ll notice some black specks on the surface of the wart. It’s dying. My son said this hurts a bit. Keep repeating this process for a few days until the wart turns completely black. Then skip the apple-cider vinegar swab and duct-tape routine. Don’t worry about picking off the nail polish either at this point. Just add a fresh coat every day. After a few days, the wart will fall off and should be gone for good. This is what I've been doing for 2 days now. I sure hope this works!!

I also found some other great information at tipnut.com/wart-remedies/