Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't say that word!

Sweet little Gavin tests me everyday. Several times a day. As often as he can. As often as he likes! His two new words he's been saying are "shut up" and "hate". Every time he says one of those I kindly remind him that we don't say those words....Blah, Blah, Blah. I feel like a record player teaching my children what to say, what to so do and what NOT to say, what NOT to do.

Anyways, the other morning Gavin is saying "hate" a few times and I keep telling him that is not a nice word, he needs to make better choices. Exactly after my little schpeel he says, "I hate...." "Gavin!" I saw in shock that he didn't even hesitated to push my buttons. He continues in tune to the newly popular song, "this part right here!" (A newer song from the Pussycat Dolls). He knows he can say that word if he starts singing it!

I couldn't help but laugh! He laughed too. Sang it a couple more times and I haven't heard it since. What a little smartalick!

1 Comment:

Chandy said...

Lol! I guess kids find loopholes everywhere... Mine do that all the time, so I tell them those songs are no-no's then... It is hard that's for sure but I'm glad you have a great sense of humor about it!