Thursday, March 12, 2009

How-To Tell You're Expecting

I try to tell Scott, my boys and mom in a cute way with each pregnancy. Here are some of the tops ways I've shared the great news!


I gave my mom a bunch of frames. One of them said "To be pictured February 2006". (Gavin) It took her a few days to see it and understand what I meant!

I e-mailed my mom a bunch of pictures to look through of the boys. One of the pictures I took was of Gavin wearing a shirt that said, "I'm the big brother". She joked about it when she first saw it, then realized what it meant!

We went to Build-a-Bear and the boys and I picked out a cute little bunny and we added a voice box inside that said, "Congratulations, Nana, on grand baby number six!" We mailed it to her and said it was an early Easter present. She had it a few days until we told her to hug it tight. Then finally she heard the good news!

I took a test to see if I was expecting and there was no double pink line. So, I tossed it in the trash. Later that night Scott asked if I took the test. I told him yes, but it was negative. He thought I was kidding and went through the trash and found it and he says, "Yes you are!" With a big smile. I looked at it again and there WAS 2 pink lines! I just hadn't waited long enough before! So, Scott told me that I was expecting! That was with Gavin.

When I was expecting with Jackson, I put the test in a small box, then I put that into another box a little larger, and another a little larger......He went through like 10 boxes to find the small test and was thrilled.

What are some cute ways YOU'VE done it or heard about??

2 Comments:

Chandy said...

Hello, your ideas are so fun, I wasn't that clever...

Ok, with Lisa, I was the one surprised since I decided to go back to doing aerobics and tummy crunches. But after a while, I would feel sick. After a fourth P-test that turned out negative, I just ignored the pains. But the 4th test, it became positive with the second line like yours, but very faint so I went to the doctor and he says, I was 4 months along and hoped that I wasn't doing anything rigorous! LOL

With Jasmine, it was a total surprise since I went back to work part time. I couldn't eat breakfast for a while. When we told his parents, we did it very gingerly over dinner at their place. Since we've waited two years, they weren't sure how to take it, but in a few days, it sunk in and they were just over the moon about it!

With Ian, I had a dream that I had a household with a boy playing with my girls. When I told Charlie about it, he was quiet but soon realized that I was serious. And since we were moving from CA to AZ, he had mixed feelings about fulfilling the dream before the big move because of all the packing I had to do on my own. When we got to AZ, in Gilbert, I got so sick within the first month that I thought I had RSV or Valley Fever. The doctor said "no, you're just pregnant, 7 weeks." We waited to tell his parent for another few weeks since I had a 9-day bleeding complication, but when we did, his parents made sure that they were there for the big day!

Jordan Family said...

no fun stories here...love the ideas though :) my first one (after we thought we couldn't have kids because we had already been married 9 whole months!!! and i wasn't pregnant yet :) we were so young) my mother in law was standing outside the door waiting for me to take it :) it would be her first grandbaby...she had taken me to the local drugstore and her whole world was in my hands :) awkward!!!
azure was fun because we waited til father's day to tell my dad (who we were living with at the time...in the basement) that we were having our 5th child :) not sure if it was me purposefully waiting or subconsciously waiting :) they were always thrilled for us though! fun times! i'm just still so excited!!!