Friday, May 14, 2010

Fabric for 1 buck?!

There is a cute little town 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara called Solvang. It's a Dutch town with lots of yummy pastry shops. We heard about this store that sells fabric for $.99! There were rooms, and rooms of these huge bolts of fabric. Satin, chiffon, rayon, cotton, poly-blends.....It was awesome! Buttons 1 penny. Zippers 5 cents. You measure and cut your own material and take your stash to the front register and pay. I felt like I had yards and yards cut and my bill came to $28.00! That's it! Wild! I called some of my gals in Arizona and bought fabric for them too. It was so fun! This store is open only Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm already planning another trip there when I return to SB in a couple of weeks.

My good friend, Debbie, who told us about the material store. Hey, nice cleavage Deb!! :)

Nathan Hangin' out while we're putting away...

Above, one of the rooms. Below, another room...
There was another section of stretchy ribbon, buttons, flowers, belts, zippers....
We had a fun time! Thanks again Deb for the info!

5 Comments:

rachel said...

What a score! Looks like fun!

Kara said...

I heard about this place from a friend and still need to go! I want to get fabric to make a Moby wrap with. Everywhere else that sells jersey knit is way too expensive!

NIKOL said...

Dude, I love Solvang - but I've never heard of this magical fabric shop. Next time I'm up there I definitely have to find it!

Stephanie Shumway said...

ok, so I was thinking about you getting the fabric and how lame I was for taking it all and giving you a finders fee!!(cause I thought you were showing me my half of the fabirc) SOOooooo I decided that I need to make you something with it. what do you want?!?!

Stephanie Shumway said...

oops and NOT giving you a finders fee. after all you spent all that time and have nothing to show for it except these pictures!