Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bruschetta!!

 This is what we ate last night for dinner, homemade bruschetta. Yep, that's it. A plate of brushetta and my boys downed it! So, I thought I'd share this yummy recipe with you all!
 4 large firm tomatoes diced up
1/4-1/2 C. oil
6-7 leaves of fresh basil
1-2 cloves of garlic diced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese OR thinly sliced soft mozzarella cheese
mix all together, spoon to taste.
May need a dash or more salt.
If too hot form garlic add another tomato.
The Parmesan cheese absorbs a lot of the oil so you may need to add a T. or 2 more.

 When dicing up basil crumple in a small ball and then dice. Makes it chop faster and easier.
 This is what is looks like with the Parmesan cheese. (I always have Parmesan cheese, but I do prefer the soft mozzarella ball sliced.) If you make it with the mozzarella, add all ingredients but the cheese. After you toast the bread, lay a thinly sliced piece of cheese on top and then a spoonful of the tomato mixture.
 I buy the sourdough baguette bread and slice it up or buy it like the above picture. Don't get the french baguette it's too soft. I cook the bread in the oven on 350  for 15-20 minutes. You want a slight crunch. Too crunchy hurts the roof of your mouth!
 See!! We all ate it up and loved every bite!

1 Comment:

DoryQueen said...

Yum! Thanks for the idea and recipe