Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Maxi Skirt

I sewed my first Maxi Skirt, and it came out pretty darn well if I say so myself! I have a ton of material I bought at the 99 cent fabric store in Santa Barbara and have been saving several shades of jersey for sometime. I finally found an easy and beginner tutorial here. I am not a sewer or have any real sewing skills but figured this out (I did make a few altercations) and it took me 45 minutes!
If I can do it YOU can do it! (And probably better!)
The top was a separate piece (then sew on) that you flip over like those cute yoga pants. It's snug on the top like those belly bands. It fits me like a glove and it's long! I chose not to finished the ends, I like this look but will do it differently on the next one. I love it! You can totally make this a non maternity maxi skirt too!
Less than 5 weeks to go and looking fierce in my new maxi skirt! (I just watched America's Next Top Model and Tyra Banks always says FIERCE! So, it was on my mind!)
I had extra material so I made a headband. I don't normally wear headbands, but just in case! The tutorial for the cute jersey headband found here. Thanks Pinterest for helping me find these awesome creative blogs!!

2 Comments:

Zana said...

I looove maxi skirts & have spent too much on them b/c I'm a sucker but I will attempt to sew the next b/c I too have been holding on to my jersey material! You look awesome, I mean fierce, and I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left! You carry pregnancy well. So excited for you to see your seventh baby boy :)
love zana

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

you're a knockout in your maxi skirt! you've just gotta love them! i may go fabric shopping...haven't had the itch to sew in years! and that headband makes me want to start wearing them again :)