Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to an AMAZING Wife!!!

Okay, let me just be clear....I have hijacked my wife's blog and not told her what I am doing....but since she recently told you how awesome I was for my birthday, I think it is only fair that I do a similar thing for her....Ultimately, I am only telling you the things that you already know for yourself (so it goes without saying) but I am going to say it anyways....

My wife is AMAZING, FABULOUS and FANTASTIC all rolled into 1 phenomenal woman!!!

She is the anchor of our family and has been a pillar of support for the last 11 years of our marriage and before that by another 2 1/2 years. When I first met her, I knew she was different than any girl I had ever seen. She had this exuberance, energy and enthusiasm that is contagious. She quickly captured the heart and attention of anyone and everyone.

She is the kind of person who brings an amazing presence when she enters the room. She is always ready to party and have fun, and LOVES to play games. She is also the person who plans a THOUSAND things into a weekend in order to maximize the time that the kids have with their dad. And if she DIDN'T plan the things that she does, we wouldn't get ANYTHING done. I am the kind of person who comes home from a hard day and just wants to veg on the couch and chill. Luckily, Lori doesn't allow me to do this and keeps me motivated to get done the things that our family needs.

Lori is the most amazing party planner that I have ever seen. Our children have always had birthday parties that blow you away. And the amazing thing is that despite the multitude of games and attractions that happen at each of the birthday parties, she is able to get it done for FREE almost every time. She has thrown an Army birthday party for Will once that included an army obstacle course in the backyard AND the kids were actually visited by REAL Army guys in their Humvee. She also has had several Firefighter birthdays where the firemen show up with the fire truck and actually let the kids SPRAY THE HOSE!!! How cool is our kids' mom???

Lori is someone who is always willing to lend a hand and help out. She worked her tail off as PTO President for TWO YEARS, admist my continual absence due to attending PA school. She is NOW the LIBRARIAN at the kids' school and take time to read stories to the kids and helped organize the library at the school FROM NOTHING!!! She was also the most amazing Primary Chorister I have ever seen. The energy she brought to the calling and the enthusiasm was contagious for the children and made them all excited to see what was going to happen during singing time next Sunday.

Lori is also an amazing teacher. Probably her favorite church calling was Relief Society Teacher, and she would work ALL week long researching information that might be able to be shared the next week. The energy she brings to the lesson material, makes the gospel exciting and fun to be engaged in. She also faithfully teaches our children EACH week in Family Home Evening. Again, if it were not for her, our family would not be so faithful. She remembers to say prayers with the children and is a source of spiritual safety, as the children mold their testimonies.

Lori is MOST OF ALL....the BEST MOM ever (and I love my own mother more than anything)...she is SO TALENTED at the knack of caring for newborn babies. She has had the opportunity to teach these necessary skills to many-a-sleep-deprived mother who were struggling to console and provide a structure for their developing child. She will tell you that she is not a very patient person, but I have seen her exercise an amazing amount of patience with babies and their needs. She has been able to achieve significant milestones with EACH of our children, and I am so grateful for her decision to be a stay at home mom (but I am not sure how much time she actually spends at home with all of the activities, errands and work that she still undertakes).

I can go on and on for quite a bit longer in telling you how amazing she is, but I think you get the point.
I love this woman more than words can express, and I hope that I can work each day to cause her to fall deeper in love with me. I don't know what righteous endeavor earned me the right to be sealed to her for time and all eternity, but I am grateful that she is my wife and that she blesses my life each day.

I LOVE YOU, LORI BELLE!!!

8 Comments:

Lorri Miller said...

I have often been struck by the unusual amount of wisdom and grace that both Lori and Scott possess and this sweet note from Scott to Lori on her birthday is just one little example of both. Forget about sparkly vampires and sensitive werewolves; this is what real love and romance looks like. There is no doubt that Lori is a Proverbs 31 woman and that Scott is an Ephesians 5:25 man. What a blessing!!!

rachel said...

You guys are an awesome and amazing example! I am in awe at what you both do and accomplish!
Happy Birthday Lori!

Kim said...

So sweet! You both are very lucky to have each other! I can tell you guys are a great example to those around you!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

nicely put scottie! we do love you lori! hope you had a wonderful, pampered day and know how much you are loved!

Chandy said...

Wow, it's nice to get to know you all over again, thru Scott's view! You are amazing, for sure!

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

so sweet of you scott!
but no words of sexy in there??? i know she is! lol!!!

Josh & Elise said...

She is an amazing woman and a great example to me of the type of wife and mother that I hope to be! Happy birthday Lori! Holler!

Zana said...

Hope you had a Happy Happy day! now go relax and stop doing so much b/c you make the rest of us look LAzy :)