Saturday, February 6, 2010

HE PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I have the most exciting news for all of you! If you haven't already heard....HE PASSED! Scott passed the PANCE. The exam to certify him as a legit PA. Physician Assistant! Yea! Yea! And triple Yea!!
Scott officially graduated in August '09. He studied real hard for several weeks and went to take the test right before the baby was born. To our astonishment he failed the first time around! Never once did it ever cross my mind that he would fail. We had one plan, just one. After he passed the test he'd work out in west Phoenix in an ER at a new hospital out there. He was already offered a job and everything. He felt good about taking the test and he felt good after the test. We were shocked when the next day we got the terrible news that he failed the test by THREE questions! Umm, we didn't have a plan B. At first it was hard because I know Scott felt terrible that he'd let me and the family down. He was a little embarrassed too, but felt so sad for us. I was in shock for quite a while. He has NEVER failed at anything before, not even close to it. Then after the shock I thought, oh crap what do we do now? I am the type of person who makes lists. I always have plan B and C and never do I forget about D! Scott wanted to retake the test in December, but couldn't get enough studying time in. (He now was promoted at ASU to get more hours and more money to help support the family). Tuesday, February 2nd was TEST day. He studied hours each day. Scott would miss family time, and down time to study. He was very dedicated. He felt well prepared the night before, but he also felt this way before. Scott felt good about it later that afternoon, but again he had felt this way before. I asked him a few days before he took the test if he wanted to make a plan B. Scott was a little surprised because he thought I doubted him. Which of course I did not, it was more for me to feel prepared no matter what the outcome was. We decided together not to plan on a plan B. On Wednesday night, the 4th, I told him to wake me up IF he passed the test. (He would find out by e-mail early Thursday morning). That night I could tell he wasn't sleeping well, very restless in the bed all night long. At 7am he placed his hand on my arm and said, "Lori...". I opened my eyes and told him I already knew he passed. Later he asked how. He woke me up! I am so thankful Scott woke me up early on Thursday morning! What a day Thursday was! I was so happy. I still am! I am so proud of Scott and all the hard work he put into studying. We called, e-mailed, texted, facebooked all our family and friends about it. Scott's mom cried, so did my cousin Bubbles. Yeah for Scott! This chapter in our lives is coming to close and a whole new storyline is about to begin. How exciting.
Congratulations to my sweetness! You deserve all the happiness! I love you!

6 Comments:

rachel said...

Congratulations to your family this so awesome!! Way to get over that bump and be stronger for it! You guys are awesome;)

Tara Nelson said...

Congratulations. We are so excited for you. Let the new adventures begin!

Alissa said...

That is SO exciting!!!! We know what it's like to almost consider "Plan B" too...I'm so glad Plan A is working out!!! Congrats to Scott for all his hard work & to you for your patience and faith in him:) We love you guys! YAY!!!!

Clarissa B. said...

Hooray! Congras!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

I still cry when I tell people about it. Heavenly Father loves us so much and blesses us.

DoryQueen said...

I know how you feel about not passing a test. The first time Garth took his electrician test he didn't pass. It was such a shock. He passed the next time, no problem. Then aftr graduating school he passed his engineering test the first time. It was such a relief. congrats to all of you!! It's a family project isn't it? Good luck in all your future plans! You all need to come up here and visit some time. Take care..Love ya!