Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Big Apple - Day TWO!!



Day two of my trip to the Big Apple…Wow, what a day! We saw a little of everything today! In the early am we were off and running and ready to be one of those crazy tourists who roam the streets. We went to Hell’s Kitchen a huge flea market that is supposed to be awesome, it wasn’t. It was beyond lame. Next we were in the theatre district and Times Square. I was able to see where the New Year’s Eve ball drops!  

It reminded me of Las Vegas on steroids. The NYPD were out in full force and it was fun to chat with several of them. 




We toured NBC studios, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music hall, St. Peter’s Cathedral and several stores and shops on 5th avenue.



I bought the kids some t-shirts and other fun NYC trinkets. We saw Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig filming a movie! It is called The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.


I took my first, and probably last, subway ride. It wasn’t scary or anything, just super confusing. I am terrible with directions and had no idea where I was or which train to take. Okay take the 1, 2 or 3 red line. But, which way?


I really need a personal guide to navigate me through this city! We have been planning this trip for over 3 months with maps and spreadsheets and even added TripIt to my iPhone, but again, terrible with directions!!

The absolute highlight of the day was seeing the Broadway production of Lion King.


Wow, it was beyond incredible! After the first song was belted out, I was in tears. It could of ended there and I would have been okay. Of course, I am glad the entire show was performed though! It was incredible. The gal who plays Rafiki was amazing and literally had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I especially enjoyed the song “He Lives in You”. So inspirational and powerful. I first thought of my darling boys and their incredible dad. Then I thought of me and my Savior Jesus Christ. It you haven’t heard this song, download it or check it out from the library! Totally worth it!


For dinner and some dessert, we were off to Max Brenner’s Chocolatier. Oh. My. Goodness. Dinner was goooood. Dessert was mouth-watering delicious!



What a FUN time I am having here in NYC with two of my sweet cousins. I am so thankful we can all be together and share this experience together!

1 Comment:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

so great that you're getting to do this! you're so amazing...i don't think if i had a full week i could get to all of those places!!!