Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Best Life

Did any of you see Oprah yesterday?? I tivoed it and just finished watching it. I thought there was a lot of good information, but was anything really new? Of course you have to love yourself. Duh. Of course you have to make time for yourself. Duh. Of course you need to eat healthy and exercise. Duh. I guess it was all a good reminder of things. I love Oprah, I don;t mean to bag on her or her show. She is Fabulous! I did take a few notes from the show and plan on logging on the computer next Monday night to watch her on-line class. I do think Oprah has a lot of confidence in the fact that she puts herself out there so well. Maybe that's one of the reasons she struggles with her weight, to help the millions of views learn how to conquer their own weight issues.
Your thoughts??

3 Comments:

peachytiffers said...

I ususally TiVo it, but I took it off because I was sick of all of the reruns. I just noticed- after it was over- that is started up today, so I didn't see todays, but I'll be watching tomorrow. She does talk about that topic a lot though. It is something that women often put last on the list though. I always want it to be first on the list, but let's face it, nothing would get done. It's a part of my goals for this next year though. We'll see how that goes. :)

Jordan Family said...

i have some strange thoughts when it comes to oprah...i never watch her show. i have watched a random few in my days and enjoyed most of them...it got to be where i'd watch and felt i was always watching an old show so i got out of the habit...the unsettling thing about it is that whenever i am out and get into a conversation about something i feel passionately about somehow it always manages to tie into an oprah show i've watched...does that make any sense at all? i feel like i'm a walking billboard for the oprah show but in reality i can name the 5 yes...FIVE shows i've actually watched of oprah...but i learned very valuable things in those...
on another side note, my favorite ones were the 3 Dr.OZ sittings with her...the man's a genius in my books!!! the other two that are up there on the list were a) the water show that taught all the benefits of drinking water, and b) the baby whisperer...which i would have paid millions for when i was a first time mom...too bad i didn't hear it all until my 6th :)

Chandy said...

I've never caught much of Oprah and the ones I've glimpsed through were too controversial for me. Anyway, I am glad that there are people like her that remind us to be better people. We could all use sensible and doable advice on how to be, both to ourselves and to others.