Friday, January 30, 2009

Mud anyone??

The other day we had a friend of Gavin's over, Rock. The two boys were playing nicely outside while Rock's mom and I chatted it up inside. A few minutes later Will goes out and joins then. That's nice of him I first thought. Then, after a few minutes I look outside and this is what was happening!!


It first seemed to start out with making mud and playing in a little pile of dirt. Then it escalated to making mud balls and not only throwing them all the cement wall, but at each other. What fun! When I went out there to access the damages the boys pretended to throw mud at me. After convincing Will it would be detrimental to his health if that happened they chose to throw them at each other instead!

The boys made a complete and utter mess of my newly cleaned back yard, but they sure had fun doing it. Thanks Will for the great idea by the way!

After they were done having their fun, or rather after I was ready for it to be over, I pulled out the hose had them all stripe down to their choners and sprayed them off. After most of the mud was off they ran in the house to take a nice warm shower.

I have gone out there 3 different times to clean it up and still looks like a battle zone.

Boys will be boys!

5 Comments:

Jordan Family said...

hey that friend of gavin's looks awful familiar :) i can't believe how old gavin looks in the first photo standing by the mud pile :) this is classic! i love it! good luck gettin' it clean it never wants to come out of the cinderblock grooves...we love you boys!!!

Kara said...

Awww but they look so cute! And they were having fun :) I can't believe how big they're getting...you need to come visit CA again!

Chandy said...

Anything with mud is so fun, but yes, they are so hard to clean up! The boys look so happy with the game they came up with. I'd love to try it sometime with mine, when we have our own mud to play with, he he...

Alissa said...

Oh my gosh! I love that you let them play in the mud! I let my kids too, it's healthy good fun!

Josie said...

I LOVE mud! That is awesome!