Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Divorce is CRAP!!

What's the deal with all this divorce crap happening more and more often? My good friend called me tonight and told me that her husband gave her divorce papers a couple days ago. WHAT? I had NO idea. She had NO idea. She is left with 4 kids and all the bills. I feel so bad for her. She has been married 9 whole years, and now it's over. I went to her house and talked with her about all this for about an hour. So sad, it makes my heart just break for her and her children.

On the drive home I was trying to think of how many people in my family have been touched by the painful experience of divorce. Surprisingly, only 2 family members have been through that ordeal. One of my cousins, who I see about once in 5 years has been divorced several times and then the other cousin (who's like my sister!)

I came home and walked over to Scott and we stood there and hugged for several wonderful minutes. I am so in love with him. I am so thankful for him. I will work even harder to make my marriage work. I want to be married for a VERY long time!

5 Comments:

Chandy said...

Divorce definitely is an ugly word! I very much agree with your title post!

Jordan Family said...

noooo! i just wrote a really long comment to this but when i hit enter it error reported and i lost it...long story short...you are one of the strong, lasting marriages we know as a couple. it has become such an easy thing to just let it go instead of working on it. so many of our friends and loved ones have gone through divorce and it just breaks my heart! how do you let it go that far? i only hope our great wall of china is strong enough when satan attempts to hit...and i say when because he will try...it's just a matter of time!

rachel said...

Hard is all I can say about it. My parents weren't divorced but my husband's parents are. It is absolutely sad. Some divorces are so warranted it's not even funny because of the abuse and other things going on and then there are other divorces that happen because of "other" things. I am hoping that your friend can heal. It's a rough road.

Kara said...

Divorce is crap. My parents split when I was 14. It was definitely the right thing to do, and we are better off with things this way. But the effects are so far reaching...people really need to take inventory and think about their loved ones and how it will affect them in the future!

Deanna said...

Hmmm, my first comment got an error too.

Everyone has their free agency, its part of the plan. Despite best efforts of spouses, bishops and therapists, people still choose their own way, sometimes never fully understanding the consequence. We know for sure that Satan's best efforts are spent trying to destroy families. It's the sad reality of our world, and it sucks (for lack of a better word at the moment) :)