Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our NEW fence!!

We are planning on staying here on ASU East campus for a couple more years, and have always wanted a fence in my backyard to keep the kiddos from escaping across the street to the park. Papa was here visiting for a few days and so he and Scott worked on it. We also had another one of our good friends, Dwight, to help us.



It was a 2-day project. The boys dug 2 foot holes for the posts and then the next day built the rest of the fence plus a gate for it.



On Saturday the weather man said it was suppose to rain that night or on Sunday. So I went out and helped the boys paint the fence with redwood stain. It looks so nice.



The boys are all excited and Jackson asks me if now we can get a dog. I told him we already have a dog, his name is Gavin. "I mean a puppy, mom!" Then I explained to him we have a puppy too, his name is Brigham! "Mom!!! A REAL dog!" Maybe....

6 Comments:

rachel said...

Cute fence!! I just noticed it the other day! That will be awesome for you guys!! Here for a couple more years YAY! You are awesome for the community.

Jordan Family said...

what? i thought you guys were getting out of dodge this year. i'm actually so happy for you :) i loved it there on campus...thrilled that you could put up a fence that looks so good! i'd hire the guys! it's gonna be so nice to just let the boys escape out the back door without having to think about it.
also...notice the mama mia soundtrack! loved it! i've watched it twice and swore off of the movie but love the music!

Chandy said...

Hello! Great pics of the fence. I love how you took the time to match it to your other fence so that it looks like it's been there all along.

As my kids would say, "it's boss!"

Alissa said...

Wow, you guys put that fence up in record time! It looks great!

Lacey said...

Looks awesome! Did you guys take down the brick? I didn't know you guys were going to be on campus for that much longer? Isn't Scott done soon?

peachytiffers said...

I drove past it and it really does look awesome! You've gotta send Scott over here to build us one. How much did it end up being? I didn't know that you were planning on being here a few more years.