Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Cleanse!

Many, many of my friends in Santa Barbara are doing or have completed the 10-day lemonade cleanse. I wanted to do it for a while but was unable to because I was nursing. I wanted to see if I had enough self control to go without food for so long. I also was very interested in having my insides cleaned out.
For those of you who don't know about it, here is a little more information about it. Your suppose to drink sea salt water (16 oz with 2 ts, salt water, in the morning. That is what makes everything get clean inside you. It's like a an exfoliation on your insides. Then all day long you drink lemonade ( water, lemons, organic maple syrup and cayenne pepper). You do this for 10-days (some do 7 some do 20 days).
Today is my 3rd day! YEAH! But, I can't keep the salt water drink down. Not even a tiny sip. And really, that's the whole point. So, I am not sure how much longer I will do this cleanse. I have lost 5 lbs. and have been doing surprisingly fine without food (except for last night I had a teeny tiny little something at our anniversary dinner with some sweet friends).
Have any of you done this cleanse before? Or something different?

8 Comments:

Jordan Family said...

don't know if i could do that one...the only cleanse i've ever done is actually an easy one. it's technically the allergy diet they give you to find out what and if you're allergic to foods and what kind. you strip your diet down to only rice, eggs, and anything without sugar, wheat, etc. in it...you do that for about 14 days and then every few days you add a new food in. you don't add any sugars back into the diet, ie yellow veggies, fruits, etc, or tomatoes and acidic foods. i lost a pound or more a day without ever feeling hungry. it's boring but it really makes you feel great...i think it's about day4/5 that you crash and have almost a withdrawl from sugars but boy does it feel good if you can get past that. i've actually done this one several times in life...helps get the eating back in order

Chandy said...

Sorry, I just never had the discipline to stick with anything; cleansing or diet wise, lol!

When I feel like being healthy, I stick to just having water and steamed veggies and boiled eggs. I limit my eggs to one a day, and I eat my steamed veggies with diced tomatoes to make it more flavorful. And just gorge on fruits for snack(I salt the water I steam them in)

Good luck, let us know how it worked for you, how much you've lost. I can just imagine how difficult it is to down sea salt water.

Angie said...

Belle- You are right! The whole point of that being successful, cleanse-wise, is the sea-salt drink. I think maybe that one isn't for you if that gags you! I have done it a few times and so has Bub and it is a killer! Good luck!!!xoxo

Lacey said...

Your nuts! As I sip on my happy hour coke from sonic!

peachytiffers said...

My mom has done this numerous times, and I hate to say it, but I don't think it really does anything. That's just my own opinion. I'm sure that it does have an effect, but I'm not sure how good it really is for you, or if it really does anything in the end. I know I definitely would not be able to do it though. Does the lemondade at least taste good? I have heard about this a lot though, I think I've even heard Dr. Oz talk about it, but it wasn't anything that he thought was worthwhile for your body. He does think that cleansing is good for jump starting your metabolism though. Let us know how it works out for you. Yea for the 5 lbs!!!

peachytiffers said...

Is that comment from Jace Jordan?

Alissa said...

Wow, that's intense! hang in there! 5 lbs that's awesome! Karina got me to do this liver cleanse with her once, and only once...I got so sick! ha ha We had to drink Epsom salt water like 3 times a day I think, which is bitter, bitter, bitter - yuck! It was hard for me to drink it even with my nose plugged! then right before going to bed you drink 1/2 cup of olive oil mixed with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice which tasted like heaven after all that disgusting epsom salt! I was awake all night on the verge of barfing my guts out, but I held on because there was no way I was going to go that whole day then barf inthe middle of the night & the cleanse be utterly pointless...but the next day I passed like 400 stones from my kidneys & liver! got rid of my allergies for like 6 months! but alas...never again;) On the up side Karina did it several times and it didn't make her sick at all!

Jordan Family said...

haha...it just comes up that way :) why, can you see him actually saying those things :) it's just me tiff :) k...now i'll go post this note on your wall instead of taking up lori's :)