Friday, January 22, 2010

Global Warming?

It pains me to even write that absurd statement. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING. Just yesterday while working in the library at my kids school we received a box of brand new books from Scholastic that was delivered to us. There was a book all about Global Warming. It kinda bugged me. I do think that weather changes quite a bit. For heaven sakes it snowed in Mesa, AZ several years back. In Mesa! Some years are going to be hotter than others, some years aren't going to have nearly as much rain as others, and some years there will be too much rain. I think that Al Gore is a brilliant man. So incredibly smart how he took some scientists ideas and research and became a "professional" at it. And he made people believe there is "global warming". WOW! How did he do that? Incredible. Made a documentary, help write a book, and won the Nobel Peace Prize? Brilliant! Yes, yes of course I am being facetious.

Anyways, I wanted to write about this crazy weather here in Arizona lately. Like many other places around the United States, and the world for that matter, the weather has been a little squeerly. It's been raining a whole heck of a lot and windy. Oh, so windy. There is this HUGE tree on the side of my house, right next to the boys bedroom. I have been checking that tree every few hours. It's making me nervous! Well, last night it became so bad people lost electricity, a tornado touched down a few times in different parts of the valley, it dumped rain, and it was crazy windy. Like 65-75 mile an hour winds!
Here are some shots of last night...
Look at the ripples in the water from the strong winds...
Here is the aftermath...



4 Comments:

NIKOL said...

When it comes to global warming, or the lack thereof, I always wonder what that means in the big picture. If you don't believe in global warming, does that mean that you don't believe in the whole "green" movement at all? Or do you just not believe in the Global Warming part? For me, whether or not global warming is real or fiction doesn't matter. Trying to use resources wisely, and trying to reduce waste and pollutants, just makes good sense. It's just being responsible with the earth God gave us. I don't see why that should be motivated by whether global warming exists. I think that being "green" is something we should do anyway. I think the global warming topic has just made the whole environmental movement more political (when it doesn't have to be).

Incidentally, your blog title cracks me up. Is it a shout out to http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/? TAMN would be so proud of you.

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i dont' know if you remember this but when we were living there we had a freakishly crazy tsunami one day and we were stopped at a stop sign in my huge suburban when the sign (one of those huge traffic, yellow, diamond ones) flew off of its metal post and came hurling at us! it hit the suburban just low enough to stall on the front hood instead of coming directly into the windshield and me! we were so terrified we had to just sit there a few minutes until i could pull it all back together...scary stuff! stay safe!

Alissa said...

That weather looks insane! stay safe! TORNADOES?! So nuts!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Glad to hear you all are surviving the weather. Yes, it is bad all other. So thankful we are not having horrible earthquakes. Stay safe. LOVE YOU