Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving Pumpkins!

For FHE the other night we carved pumpkins. The boys had a lot of fun scooping out all the goop inside. One of our favorite friends was in town, Jace, and helped up with the carving. Each boy wanted to have their pumpkin to have a completely different face. We saved the seeds and I put seasoning on then and cooked then in the oven. (Thanks Gram for always doing that for me! And teaching me how to do it myself!) I put some Vaseline on the carved parts. I read that it help's them last longer. (Especially ion this HOT Arizona weather!)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

4 Comments:

Deanna said...

I'm glad you guys are always having so much fun together. Question for ya...my brother invited me to your ward party on halloween but he's only been in the ward two weeks so he says it's 6-9 but doesn't know what's going or what time the trunk or treat is...just wondering

Lori Thompson said...

It starts at 6, but it only goes to 7 or so. (Flyer had a type-o) Anyways, there is a trunk-o-treat, and the YM, and the YW are doing some carnival games. That's it! I hope to see you there! We've missed you at craft night!!

peachytiffers said...

What!! Jace was in town and he didn't say hi!?! That bum!! That looks like a lot of fun, what seasoning do you put on it? We were so busy, we never got to our annual carving this year. I'm thinking that we'll do a Thanksgiving one.

Lori Thompson said...

I use a lof of different stuff. A little Lawry's, a little lemon pepper, a little chili powder, a little garlic powder...whatever I can find.