Monday, October 13, 2008

Casserole anyone??

You may, or may not know this about me, but I DON'T LIKE MY FOOD TO TOUCH!! Yucky!

So, as you may guess I don't eat a lot of casseroles. There are a couple I like, actually I can only think of one off hand. My mom's chicken and broccoli dish. Anyways, the other night, I was needing to make dinner and couldn't find a lot of food. A grocery store run was coming up soon. I grabbed my box of recipes and found my moms casserole recipe and another one "Chicken and Rice Casserole". Pretty simple ingredients.
So, I decided to do something crazy, daring, off the cuff. I mixed the two recipes and BAM it was fabulous! And now, I want to share.

"Chicken, Rice and Broccoli Casserole"
Pour 1 C. of instant rice to a baking dish, set a side
Heat in sauce pan: 1 can of cream of mush. soup, and 1 can of either cream of chicken or cream of celery
Add in 1/2 C. milk.
Add 1 package of Lipton Onion soup mix. Stir all together until warmed and mixed well.
Pour heated sauce over rice and stir to moisten.
Arrange fryer pieces of chicken breast on top, and add large chunks of fresh broccoli
On top sprinkle Parmesan cheese
Cover tightly with tin foil
Bake 2 hours @ 300 degrees.
Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Alissa said...

Yum! I'll have to try that one! Thanks!

Lacey said...

Sounds good, I'll have to try this one for sure!

Deanna said...

My chicken and rice, very similar except I don't heat it first just mix it all in and I sprinkle the liptons on top...I like the crunchies :)