Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lettuce Wraps

I love lettuce wraps.

I love them from PF Chang's and Pick up Sticks. I was watching The Biggest Looser last week and one of the couples (the ones I don't really like!) were making turkey lettuce wraps. They looked so yummy. It never showed the actual recipe, but I kept pausing it and trying to figure it out. So the other night I made my own Turkey Lettuce Wraps.

1/2 onion, chopped finely
1 C. baby carrots peeled, chopped finely
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped finely
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped finely
1T garlic, chopped finely.
1 package of ground turkey
salt and pepper to taste.

I cooked up the ground turkey and added teriyaki sauce, A-1 sauce, and Worcester sauce. In another pan I sauteed the veggies in 1T of EVOO.
After both were booked I added them together, and wallah, yummy turkey lettuce wraps!
I did put the lettuce in the freezer while I was cooking so they were extra cold and crisp. My kitchen smelled good while I was cooking, and man were they good!

(you could also add in celery or water chestnuts, but I don't care for either!)

Do YOU have a real lettuce wrap recipe? Will you share?

3 Comments:

peachytiffers said...

I LOVE them too!! I have several recipes, but I have not tried any of them yet. I will send them to you sometime.

Brimhall Bunch said...

I HAVE PF CHANGS recipe!!! But you'll have to come out here and visit if you want it.
Lettuce Wraps & Games?

Chandy said...

I just remembered one that I fed the missionaries a few months ago.

I just got some flank steak marinated in fajita sauce mix, sauteed it with some onions and bell peppers. I sliced the steak into thin strips. I use the red leaf or boston lettuce, layer it with some spanish or brown rice then I pile everything in the red lettuce leaf, sprinkled it with diced tomatoes and chopped green onions. Yummy!!!