Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolutions...

It's almost time to make your New Year's resolutions! Last year I came up with some real cool ones that I actually stayed with and accomplished! I usually make 2 or 3 resolutions and do them for about 3 or 4 months then give up. Last year I started thinking about what I could do and came up the normal ones, exercise, read scriptures daily.....but I wanted to do something different. I just didn't know what.

It was last year on January 1st I was watching The Biggest Loser and one of the trainers said, "Let's make the BEST out of this life we got!" I paused my tivo and thought about how profound that statement is.



I thought how I could make different areas of my life better and enjoy the wonderful life I have. I got a pad of paper out and started making notes on that profound quote. I wrote down 5 different areas that I can and needed to work on. Physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and financial. Within those areas I made 3 smaller ideas I could work on. This is what I did LAST year.

Physical: Drink green shakes for breakfast, work out 3-4 times a week, eat out 1 time a month

Mental: Take a on-line class, read a book a month, review and study Marcus Buckingham's lectures

Emotional: Watch "the Secret" 1x a month, date night 1x a week, me time 1x a day

Spiritual: Read the R.S. lesson a week before, have FHE evening EVERY Monday, pray nightly as a family.

Financially: Search for more coupons, only buy when on sale, buy more "needs" than "wants".


I plan on doing the same for 2009! I have been thinking a little about it and will post later on the exact resolutions I will be working on and accomplishing for the new year!

0 Comments: