Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Homemade Stuffing

I really enjoy Thanksgiving time. I love to eat turkey with a ton of cranberry sauce on it. YUMMY! Several years ago I celebrated Thanksgiving with all my Walker cousins at my aunt's house in SLC. My sweet aunt Margene made the MOST delicious homemade stuffing I have ever had. I LOVE stuffing! I got her recipe and have made it a couple of times. I started the LONG process 2 days ago, and I can't wait till tomorrow to eat it up! I wanted to share this TRULY YUMMY (and incredibly fattening) homemade stuffing with you.
Enjoy!!

1 C. butter
1lg onion finely chopped
3/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1t. Sage
1 lg loaf bread
2t. poultry seasoning
1C. chicken stock base
3 lg eggs


Two to three days before the feast cut the bread into cubes. Lay them out on a cookie sheet or cookie rack. Flip every 4 hours or so.




Saute chopped onion in melted butter. Add salt, sage, pepper, and seasoning. Pour butter mixture over bread and mix. Add turkey/chicken stock and eggs. Mix thoroughly and place into turkeys cavity. (Under skin, breast, legs and thighs). The rest can be placed in a separate pan. Enjoy!!
(She would always triple the recipe. I double it)

Thanks Margene for this FABULOUS recipe. I will be thinking of you with every bite! :)

2 Comments:

Jordan Family said...

this photo makes it appear as if you're playing music to your bread crumbs...we made a good one we found in our favorite farming mag...but it had pecans and cherries in it and it was to die for!!!

Angie said...

You arent just a kidding! That is the best stuffing on earth! I hope for my momma's sake, they have stuffing in heaven. If they do, guarantee she is on "stuffing duty" and has made many new angel friends from sharing this delicious recipe! I love you guys and cant wait to see you all! Hopefully it will be soon!!! Ang