Tuesday, November 4, 2008

To vote or not to vote...That is the question.

These last few weeks I have gotten sick and tired of all the posters and signs everywhere. The phones calls. Heading the paper everyday. Every news channel and talk show arguing about who is the better choice. Bashing. Lying. He said this, she said that. He didn't say this, she dressed like that...BLAH BLAH BLAH. I can't wait till this is over!

About 3 or 4 days ago I decided in my mind I would NOT vote this year. The guy I want to win is probably not going to win anyways, so I want no part of this.

So, last night Scott reminds me where our place is to go vote. I told him that I wasn't planning on voting this year. He was shocked and stunned and questioned me why I had chosen such a stupid choice. I tried to explain to him my guy isn't going to win, and I have just had ENOUGH of all this political CRAP.

This morning, I'm driving around town to do some errands totally forgetting what today is and I drive by a place where voters can go vote and I see all these people standing out in front. Mothers. Fathers. And children holding "YES on prop 102" signs, and "YES for marriage" signs. I immediately got a tear in my eye. I HAVE TO VOTE I thought. I don't want to be questioned why I didn't stick up for my family. For your family. For my children's families. I didn't want to let the Lord down either. I know in His plan marriage is sacred. Between a man and woman ONLY. I need to go vote. In that moment I changed my mind, I WILL GO VOTE TODAY!!

Even though getting a NEW president of the United States is VERY important, the reason I am voting today is to protect the family. While I'm there I'll vote on all the other issues.

God Bless America!

4 Comments:

Patrick Thompson said...

Glad to hear you went and had a great experience.

Mamathom and Papathom said...

HONEY, I am soooo proud of you - for speaking out. It is what everyone should do and we will have to continue to pray for our leaders. I, too, am so glad it is over.

peachytiffers said...

I almost didn't vote too. I had not reported my new address and thought that I couldn't, but when Jake went(he said he saw you guys there), he told me I was on the list. We loaded up, sped there, and I was THE last one to vote. The literally were taking down all of the cubicles around me and I was the only one there. It was really exciting because it was my first time, although it does feel a little like it didn't matter much.

rachel said...

I felt so similar. I am glad you did stand up for the family though. It seemed like the presidential race was just making a lot of noise but the real issue was the family matters. WAY TO Go! GO FAMILIES!!